Carney, Kelehan, Bresler, Bennett & Scherr prides itself on creating a team of legal professionals committed to providing sage legal advice to our clients. We have a strong reputation of collegiality and foster a collaborative workplace.
If you are interested in joining the CarneyKelehan team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary, full-time transactional real estate paralegal
Please only apply for this position if you have substantial transactional real estate experience.
Immediate opening temporary, full-time position for an experienced real estate paralegal to work as part of a close-knit team within a fast-paced real estate group of a highly regarded mid-sized law firm in Columbia, MD. This position is temporary with a term of about 3-4 months. The approximate timeframe is June 1 – September 30, 2021; however, the actual dates may be adjusted as needed. Interested applicants must work well under pressure and within set time constraints. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have proven track record of successfully interacting directly with clients and other legal counsel.
- Careful review of title commitments and surveys as well as other due diligence including corporate documents, land acquisition contracts, etc.
- Preparation of complex real estate closing documents involving various financing sources including government and agency loans
- Track closing timelines and other key dates
- Prepare closing binders
- Other projects as assigned
- Paralegal certificate required (bachelor’s degree preferred but not required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a complex, transactional real estate setting, preferably in a law firm
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook skills
- Proven ability to perform in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Challenging work, great people, excellent work environment. No benefits available since this is a temporary position. Please submit resume and cover letter including hourly rate requirements to email@example.com. No placement agencies please.